F. Daniel Pharr, CPA/ABV, CVA
Daniel Pharr is the President of Pharr Valuation, Inc. He has over 45 years experience in accounting and finance and is a Certified Public Accountant, Accredited in Business Valuation and a Certified Valuation Analyst. Dan has 11 years of experience in public accounting, 7 years in his business valuation practice and 28 years as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Hoover & Strong, Inc., a privately-held precious metals refiner and manufacturer of mill products, findings, castings, finished jewelry and related products.
Dan’s experience in public accounting includes accounting, auditing and income tax preparation. His manufacturing experience includes financial management, financial reporting, and bank and other financing transactions, as well as general and administrative functions and work with independent auditors, bankers, financial and benefits consultants, attorneys and insurance brokers.
Dan has experience in private company valuation from valuing and analyzing potential acquisitions during his years in jewelry manufacturing. In his business valuation practice, he has valued retail jewelry and jewelry manufacturing companies. In addition, he had valued other retail businesses and manufacturing companies, distribution companies, construction contractors, franchise operations, professional practices, personal holding companies, and companies which own, operate and lease commercial real estate and residential apartment units. His experience in public accounting, business valuation, and private industry gives him the knowledge and ability to approach and view issues from all sides.
Dan received a Bachelor of Science Degree in accounting from Virginia Tech in 1969. He earned his designation as a Certified Public Accountant in 1972, became a Certified Valuation Analyst in 2006 and earned the Accredited in Business Valuation designation in 2009.
His professional and civic affiliations include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Forensics and Valuation Section of the AICPA (FVS)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Richmond Chapter of the VSCPA
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analyst (NACVA)
- Jewelers Board of Trade, Past Chairman of the Board of Directors, Current Advisory Board member
- The Twenty-Four Karat Club of the City of New York, member
- Manchester YMCA – Board member
- Forest Hill Presbyterian Church – Session Member and Treasurer
Published articles and speaking engagements include:
- April 2015 – AGS Conclave – Workshop to write your own Succession Plan / buy-Sell Agreement
- April 2014 – AGS Conclave – Succession Planning & Buy/Sell Agreements – Updated
- April 2013 – AGS Conclave – Succession Planning & Buy/Sell Agreements
- April 2012 – AGS Conclave – Business Valuation: What is it? What’s in it for me?
- July 2010 – The Retail Jeweler – Valuing Your Business
- October 2009 – National Jeweler – How to keep Your Banker Happy
- May 2009 – National Jeweler – How to Sell Your Business?
- April 2009 – National Jeweler – How Do You Put a Price Tag on Your Business?